Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: Gilts attempted to regain lost ground shortly after NY opened,
however, came under renewed selling pressure as Tsys slipped lower and look to
settle close to session lows. The 5-yr to 10-yr part of the yield curve has
underperformed the rest of the curve all day.
- 2-yr Gilt yield is +1.7bp at 0.81%, 5-yr +2.8bp at 1.165%, 10-yr +2.9bp at
1.476%, 30-yr +1.7bp at 1.891% and 50-yr +1.7bp at 1.692% according to Tradeweb.
- Gilts reacted to outside influences due to there being a dearth of UK data or
official speakers Monday, however, attention remains on divisions within the
Tory cabinet on what type of customs arrangement to try and negotiate with the
- There was some receiving in 5-yr GBP swaps today as the rate started to creep
up towards the 1.38% level. Swaps spreads are between 0.5 to 1bp wider.
- Short Sterling strip has been in negative territory for majority of the day,
with curve steeper as green and blue contracts are 1 to 2 ticks lower.
- Tomorrow sees release of latest UK labour data with markets eyeing average
weekly earnings and any change in ILO unemployment rate.