Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: Gilts have opened a little stronger, with Short Sterling futures a
little higher, as Brexit headline risk looks set to remain at the fore ahead of
the EU leaders' informal summit in Salzburg on Thursday.
- Dec8 Gilt future is up 4 ticks at 121.52.
- Cash gilts are fairly steady, with 2-Yr yield down 0.4bps at 0.812%, 5-Yr down
0.5bps at 1.123%, 10-Yr down 0.5bps at 1.525%.
- Various Short Sterling contracts up 1.0 tick (Dec18-Sep19), otherwise flat.
- Supply later this week includes Stg2.75bln of 1.625% Oct-28 Gilt on Thursday.
- A few Brexit headlines over the weekend not really moving the needle: Times
reported that the EU is preparing to accept a frictionless Irish border, while
the FT has reported that EU's Barnier is looking at options to "de-dramatise"
the Irish border situation.
- Thin UK data calendar early week, though picks up in earnest on Wednesday with
Aug CPI and PPI data, followed by Aug Retail Sales and Aug Public Sector Net
Borrowing on Thursday.
- Week's BOE speaker highlight is Chief Econ Haldane in Estonia on Wednesday.