Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
GOLD: Gold is higher in Asia, the yellow metal last up $1.37 at $1,286.45. Gold
started the session higher on Thursday at $1291, close to Wednesday's high after
comments from Trump in Arizona caused buyers to run for safety.
- USD and gold are currently both flat after extremely quiet sessions ahead of
- Trading of gold seems very patient and subdued ahead of the Jackson Hole event
tomorrow as Feds George and Kaplan reinstated their hawkish and dovish views on
inflation rates respectively. Trumps views on his own party being responsible
for the 'mess' with regards to debt ceilings hasn't affected gold as much as
you'd think it would. Yellen speaks at 1000ET/1500BST, Draghi 1500ET/2000BST.
- MNI technical analysis sees support at $1284.4 - Low Aug 24, resistance is
seen at $1293.9 - High Aug 21