Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
California Governor Gavin Newsom retains a narrow lead in opinion polls ahead of the 14 September gubernatorial recall election in the US' most populous state.
- Emerson College: Would you vote to recall, or to keep Governor Newsom?: Vote to keep: 48% (+6), Vote to Recall: 43% (+5), Undecided: 9% (-11). July 19–20, 2021. Chgs w/ 12-14 March. 1,085 likely voters.
- The polling was not uniformly good for Newsom, with 58% of respondents stating that it was time to elect a new governor in 2022 (the scheduled gubernatorial election) and only 42% saying Newsom should be re-elected.
- As can be seen from the chart below, of all the major issues facing California - which on its own would stand as the world's fifth-largest economy behind Germany but ahead of India, France and the United Kingdom - Newsom is viewed to have dealt best with the COVID-19 pandemic but poorly with the state's homelessness crisis:
Chart 1. How would you rate the job Gov. Newsom has done to handle...
Source: Emerson College
- Emerson College polling: https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.com/pr/calif...