August 16, 2022 11:27 GMT
- Mexico has increased the presence of the National Guard and the military in Baja California, Guanajuato and Ciudad Juarez in response to recent criminal acts.
- These include shootings of civilians and burning of convenience stores and vehicles, according to Interior Minister Adan Augusto Lopez talking at a press briefing on Monday.
- Over the weekend it was noted that hundreds of Mexican military troops were flown into Tijuana on to bolster street patrols after armed gangs hijacked and burned at least a dozen vehicles in the border city, the latest in a wave of attacks hitting civilians across the country.
- President AMLO will give his daily press briefing at 7am local.
- BP Plc is seeking to get rid of its oil assets in Mexico amid a shift in its business strategy toward renewable energy and a challenging political climate in the energy sector in the country. (Bloomberg)