January 27, 2023 05:03 GMT
Greenback Bid In Asia
The USD is trading on the front foot late in the Asian session, BBDXY is up ~0.2%, as Netherlands and Japan agreed to join US curbs on Chinese chips.
- USD/JPY also gave up its early CPI inspired gains having met support below ¥129.60 and is dealing a touch above ¥130.
- AUD/USD saw resistance above $0.7120, however is currently holding above $0.71.
- There have been narrow ranges in NZD/USD, kiwi is the strongest performer in the G-10 space at the margins as business conditions improved off record lows. The pair is dealing just above session lows at $0.6485/90.
- EUR and GBP are both ~0.2% softer vs the USD.
- Lunar NY Holiday impacted liquidity in Asia-Pac hours, with China still out.
- There is a thin docket in Europe today. Further out we have a slew of US data including personal income/spending, PCE Deflator, UofMich Consumer Sentiment and Pending Home Sales.