Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
FED: Greenback rallying and Treasury futures under pressure as Powell's presser
concludes opening statement and shifts to Q&A. Key points:
- 'Strongly committed to symmetric inflation objective', cites core being close
to 2% late last year, but cites 'transitory factors at work' with slip in core
- External risks have moderated, FOMC views these (plus econ / inflation
conditions) as consistent with continued patience
- Preliminary discussion of L-T composition of SOMA. Portfolio now weighted to
longer-term securities; now have to decide what should be in future. Plan to
return to maturity composition question toward end of the year. No pressing need
to resolve, will give plenty of notice
- IOER adjustment does not reflect change in mon pol stance (Not a surprise!)