Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
USTs lacked direction through the session and trade marginally below yesterday's closing levels.
- The UST curve has steepened on the back of the longer end trading weaker. Last yields: 2-year 0.121%, 5-year 0.3782%, 10-year 0.9429%, 30-year 1.6925%.
- TYH1 trades at 137-25, towards the bottom end of the day's range (L: 137-23+ / H: 137-30+)
- Congress continues to debate the terms of a federal spending bill with Republican Pat Toomey pushed to include a provision that would limit the Federal Reserve's pandemic-related lending.
- The Fed's Kaplan stated that purchasing bonds for too long could bring financial stability risks. Meanwhile, Richard Clarida suggested that while the economic recovery had someway to go, he does think there will be a double-dip recession.
- Vice President Mike Pence received the Covid vaccine today with President-elect Joe Biden reportedly following suit on Monday.