Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Interesting comments late last night from Banxico Deputy Governor Jonathan Heath in a Natixis podcast interview released on Wednesday.
- Banxico Had to Hike After Getting Inflation Path Wrong (BBG)
- Holding rate would have disappointed market (BBG)
- No merit to argument that members will accelerate hiking cycle based on the proposed makeup of the board next year (BBG)
- Unemployment and economic forecasts were part of board members' decision making during the pandemic, but they shouldn't be part of the official Banxico mandate (BBG)
- Initially the comments appeared hawkish at the margin, however, there is still no clear communication for further imminent tightening prospects. Previous rhetoric from Heath has mentioned the desire for headline inflation to fall nearer to 5% and therefore Monday's CPI data will be very important and remains the focus before the central bank decision on Thursday.
- Today, Citibanamex publishes its biweekly survey of economists with forecasts for growth, inflation, exchange rate and policy moves.