Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
RIKSBANK: Highlights from the Riksbank Minutes (1/2)
- Ingves: "In order to be able to act and make the best of a bad situation, it
is very important that the Riksbank, in addition to setting the repo rate, is
able to fully utilise its balance sheet." "It is primarily fiscal policy that
can mitigate the effects of the pandemic on the Swedish economy"
- Skingsley: "I support the assessment that trying to increase demand by cutting
the repo rate is not justified in the current situation. It may however become
relevant at a later stage, when we reach a recovery phase that needs support."
- Ohlsson: In recent months "the size of the Riksbank's balance sheet has
increased strongly. My assessment is that this focus will remain for some time
- Jansson: "Conditions for repo rate cuts will improve when the rate of spread
of the virus starts to decline and society gradually begins to open up. A
significant factor in my thoughts on the need to cut the repo rate in future is
how inflation and inflation expectations develop." "So far in this crisis other
monetary policy measures have been assessed as more important."