Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Futures have held to tight ranges with the extension of the Sydney lockdown through August 28 meeting broader expectations. Sydney's construction industry will be allowed to restart (outside of the COVID hotspot regions), albeit with restrictions in place. NSW has also introduced supplementary payments for those that are unemployed, aided by Commonwealth funding. NSW's new COVID case saw an uptick to 177 new cases.
- YM +0.5 with XM +2.5 at typing, with the latter capped by its overnight high thus far.
- Cash ACGB trade sees some bull flattening, with the long end running 3.0bp richer on the day at typing.
- The space hasn't shown much, if any, reaction to the uptick in China's A50 index futures.
- Domestic Q2 CPI data is due at the bottom of the hour. As we flagged earlier, this release isn't expected to be a gamechanger for the RBA (owing to the transitory inflation narrative), but it may still impact intraday price action.