Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Bank Of England Market News
London based, the Bank Of England is the central bank for the United Kingdom, responsible for monetary policy and financial stability. It was given operational independence to set monetary policy back in 1997 but remains a wholly owned subsidiary of the Treasury, which sets the inflation target, currently 2.0%, and its quantitative and credit easing schemes have been indemnified by the Treasury. The nine strong Monetary Policy Committee has eight policy meetings a year, with a full forecast round and analysis coming at four of those meetings, in February, May, August and November. Its 13 strong Financial Policy Committee meets four times a year.
- Exclusive BoE Insight stories - based on extensive reporting by MNI journalists.
- Exclusive on-the-record interviews with Bank of England officials and members of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).
- MNI Central bank policy analysis – before and after key meetings. This includes:
- MNI POV (Point of View) – The MNI Market team's view on what the key themes to watch in the decision/press conference/forecasts and possible market reaction.
- MNI Central Bank Data Watch - key economic variables that are important to global markets and percentage movements since the last central bank meeting.
- Market-leading insights into central bank policy, from sell-side note summaries to full meeting previews/reviews for major central banks.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.