Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Josep Borrell, the EU's High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security, faces questions from MEPs in the European Parliament's plenary session at the top of the hour following his much-criticised trip to Russia last week (click here for link).
- Borrell traveled to Russia last week to discuss the jailing of opposition politician Alexei Navalny and other bilateral issues.
- However, following a press conference in which Russian FM Sergei Lavrov dismissed questions about Navalny's imprisonment and the subsequent dismissal of three diplomats from EU member states, many MEPs have been critical of Borrell and Commission President Ursula von der Leyen for not taking a hard-enough line against Moscow.
- Some have called for Borrell's resignation or his dismissal. Von Der Leyen already under pressure due to debacle surrounding rollout of COVID-19 vaccines in the EU.