Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- In the past few months, we have seen that the tougher regulations on the property imposed by Chinese government combined with the sharp decline in 'liquidity' have led to a surge in volatility in the HY credit market.
- Evegrande crisis (which is a Chinese real estate developer with 300bn USD in total liabilities) continues to intensifies, increasing the contagion risk to other major developers.
- For instance, Fantasia Holdings December 2021 bond is currently trading at 72 cents on the USD, down from nearly 100 in the end of July.
- This chart represents Chinese property developers' debt to mature; according to ANZ Research, there are 55bn USD of property developers' debt to mature next year, followed by 44bn USD in 2023.
- Uncertainty could continue to surge in the short to medium term as investors' concern about Chinese real estate market grows, which should lead to a rise in preference for safe asset (i.e. US Treasuries, USD).
Source: ANZ Research