Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STOCKS: It has been an Asia-Pac session of two narratives for the major equity
- U.S. equity index futures started the session on the front foot, with a
recirculation of a story noting that Moderna has shipped the first batch of its
coronavirus vaccine to U.S. government researchers. The bid has slowly waned but
the contracts are still comfortably higher on the day.
- The Nikkei 225 played catch up to the broader sell off seen Monday after the
elongated Japanese weekend, although the index has recovered from early lows.
- Chinese equity indices also struggled, with some thoughts behind that matter
outlined in an earlier bullet.
- Consumer discretionary and energy names generally struggled, with fairly
obvious reasoning behind those moves. Elsewhere, Australia's heavyweight
materials sector was also under pressure on demand side matters.
- Nikkei 225 -3.3%, Hang Seng -0.1%, CSI 300 -1.6%, ASX 200 -1.6%.
- S&P 500 futures +26, DJIA futures +192, NASDAQ 100 futures +100.