May 18, 2023 01:50 GMT
Japan Apr Exports +2.6% Y/Y; Imports -2.3% Y/Y
- Japan's exports registered a 2.6% y/y increase in April, slower than the 4.3% y/y growth marked in March.
- Imports fell 2.3% y/y in April, down from the 7.3% y/y gain last month, marking the first drop in 26 month.
- Trade balance in March was a deficit of Y432 billion, narrowing from the previous Y755 billion deficit.
- Exports to the United States and the European Union rose 10.5% y/y and 11.7% y/y respectively, and to China decreased 2.9% y/y.
- Imports from the United States and China increased 1.0% and 14.8 respectively, and from the EU fell 2.5% y/y.