September 20, 2023 01:52 GMT
Japan Aug Exports -0.8% Y/Y; Imports -17.8% Y/Y
- Japan's exports registered a 0.8% y/y decrease in August, following the 0.3% y/y fall marked in July.
- Imports fell 17.8% y/y in August, dip further from the 13.6% y/y drop last month.
- Trade balance in August was a deficit of Y930.5 billion, expanding from the previous Y66.3 billion deficit.
- Exports to the United States and the European Union rose 5.1% y/y and 12.7% y/y respectively, and to China decreased 11.0% y/y.
- Imports from the United States and China decreased 9.5% and 12.1% respectively, and those from the EU rose 11.0%..