September 29, 2023 00:26 GMT
Japan Aug Ind. Output Flat; Shipments +0.1% M/M
- Japan's industrial production kept flat growth in August compared with last month. The petroleum and coal products industry made the largest contribution to the increase while the automobile industry the biggest contributor to the decrease.
- Shipments edged up by 0.1% m/m, the first rise in two months, driven by the increase in the electrical and information communication machinery industry..
- Inventory decreased for the first time in four months by 1.7% m/m, led by automobile industry.
- METI keeps its assessment of production as "up and down" considering the tendency of its production plan.
- METI sees production will rise 5.8% (revised up from 2.4%) in September before rising 3.8% in October.