Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- Japan's exports rose 2.0% y/y in December, wiping off some of the previous 4.2% fall and marking the first rise in 25 months. Exports for the year 2020 fell 11.1% y/y.
- Imports reported an 11.6% y/y decrease in December, dropping slightly from the 11.1% y/y fall registered in November. Imports fell 13.8% y/y in the Jan-Dec period.
- December's trade balance was a surplus of Y751.0 billion, expanded from last month's Y366.8 billion surplus.
- Exports to China surged 10.2% y/y while those to the United States and the European Union fell 0.7% y/y and 1.6% y/y respectively.
- Imports from the United States and the European Union registered falls of 21.9% y/y and 4.0% y/y respectively. Imports from China grew 1.8% y/y.