Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Japanese retail sales rose 5.2% y/y in March after falling 1.5% y/y last month, wiping off the accumulated falls registered in the previous three months.
- On a monthly basis, retail sales edged up 1.2% in March, narrowed from the previous 3.1% increase.
- General merchandise sales increased 7.4% y/y, compared with the previous 10.0% y/y fall, while sales of fabric apparels and accessories increased 13.0% y/y after falling 17.4% y/y in February.
- Sales of food and beverages edged down 0.2% y/y in March, lower than the previous 2.0% y/y drop.
- Fuel sales, another key driver, rose 5.5% y/y, compared with the previous 9.7% y/y fall.
- Sales of machinery and equipment registered a rise of 14.4% y/y, accelerating from the previous 11.2% y/y increase.
- METI has upgraded its view on the retail sales outlook, saying retail sales are showing a "sign of recovering".