September 29, 2023 00:07 GMT
Japan Tokyo Sep Inflation +2.5% Y/Y
- The core consumer price index (excluding fresh food) in the Tokyo area, a leading indicator of the national average, rose 2.5% in September, slower from the 2.8% growth in August.
- Energy costs decreased 18.7% y/y in September, dipping further from the 15.9% y/y drop last month.
- Processed food prices edged up 8.5% y/y, down from the previous 8.9% y/y increase.
- Prices for household durable goods increased 0.5% y/y, down from the previous 1.2% y/y increase.
- The core-core CPI (excluding fresh food and energy) -- a key indicator of the underlying trend of inflation -- edged up 3.8% y/y in September, following last 4.0% y/y growth.