June 29, 2022 18:07 GMT
Metals bulletEM BulletFixed IncomePolitical RiskCommoditiesPolitical Risk BulletEnergy BulletsBulletMarketsEmerging MarketsForeign ExchangePolitical Market News
Reports from Doha, Qatar suggest that the EU mediated talks between the United States and Iran to restore the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action accords have concluded.
- Stephanie Liechtenstein: "...Proximity talks in Doha to restore the JCPOA have just ended..."
- Throughout the day, reports from Doha failed to agree on the precise status of the talks.
- Iran focused news outlet Kayhan wrote a short time ago: "Iran‘s foreign ministry said indirect, EU-mediated talks between Tehran and Washington in the Qatari capital were proceeding in a “serious” atmosphere, denying an earlier report that they had ended."
- Officials from Iran and the US remain pessimistic of the chances of a successful resolution of talks.
- Axios quotes a senior US official: "The Iranians have not demonstrated any sense of urgency, raised old issues that have been settled for months, and even raised new issues that are unrelated to the 2015 nuclear agreement. A deal has been available for some time."