Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
JGBS: JGB futures finished the morning session 1 tick lower at 150.96, operating
in a sub 10-tick range as traders await the latest BoJ MonPol decision &
subsequent press conference from BoJ Gov. Kuroda.
- The curve was notably steeper as super-long paper underperformed this morning.
- Data released earlier showed that although headline average growth rose in Y/Y
terms for a 6 straight month in January, real wages fell for the second month in
- Short term focus falls on the Spring wage negotiations that are already
underway, with the first estimates from the negotiations due next week.
- Looking at technicals for JGB futures, bulls continue to look for a close
above 151.19 to initially target 151.51 2017 highs. The Bollinger band top
(151.18) is the key concern for bulls with potential to limit follow through.
Bears still need a close below 150.89 to ease bullish pressure and below 150.47
to target 2018 lows.