Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
JGBS: JGB yields edged lower ahead of today's 40-Year supply, after 2 sessions
of noteworthy concession.
- The auction saw the cover ratio holding firm (at about average levels) and the
high yield printing 0.5bp below dealer expectations. It would seem that the
outright yield levels attracted lifers and pension funds to the offering, with
potential short cover & appealing relative value (albeit not in carry & roll
terms vs. 30-Years) outweighing fear surrounding recent volatility and the
latest adjustment to the BOJ's Rinban operations (a Y10bn trimming of the 25+
Year purchases back on Friday).
- That being said 30 & 40-Year paper underperformed in the afternoon, as the
rest of the curve firmed modestly while super long paper traded back to near
- Futures failed to break below 150.00 and ticked higher in the morning session.
- Focus now turns to BOJ Rinban operations due Thursday, followed by the BOJ's
October JGB purchase plans & summary of opinions from its latest MonPol
decision, both due Friday.