Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- JPM analysts expect NBH to leave the 1w-depo unchanged tomorrow, hiking only in the regular policy meeting, but a small move cannot be ruled out.
- Analysts expects a 30bp hike to both the 1w-depo and the base rate at this month’s policy meeting.
- In JPM view the recent 1w-depo hikes are not to be reversed, as the inflation outlook will stay elevated throughout 2022. Instead it is the base rate which will catch up to the depo.
- JPM expect that at this month’s policy meeting both rates will be lifted by 30bps (base rate to 2.4% and 1w-depo to 3.4%), a pace which will continue in early 2022.
- The 1w-depo will likely peak at 4% in 1Q22, and after that the central bank will gradually lift the base rate only, until it reaches the same level as the depo around mid-year.