Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: JPY garnering support on all fronts
- The BoJ stood pat on policy, but tweaked language around its forward guidance
(as anticipated in an earlier Nikkei report) & now promises to keep rates low
"as long as it is necessary." JPY initially failed to respond, but began to
gather steam alongside the European open, getting a helping hand from reports
suggesting that China are said to doubt a long-term trade deal is possible with
Trump, and will refuse to budge on major structural reforms. This pressured
USD/JPY through the Y108.50 mark ahead of the NY crossover.
- In South Korea, a beat in industrial output, the largest fall in chip
inventories in two years, and a strong Samsung earnings report put a bid into
KRW, rendering it the best performer in Asian FX space. Augmented by USD
weakness, these factors dragged USD/KRW to fresh multi-month lows.
- GBP trades well as MPs head into their final days in the Commons before
parliamentary business concludes and election campaigns begin.
- EZ & Canadian GDPs, EZ CPI, US personal income/spending & MNI Chicago PMI are
due. ECB's de Guindos also set to speak.