Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: JPY has recovered from worst levels that were hit in early dealing
following the announcement that US President Trump is set to meet with North
Korean leader Kim. USDJPY ran out of steam in front of 107.00 and last trades at
106.60. The BoJ stood pat as exp. with focus on Kuroda's presser. There is some
USD 1.15bln worth of option expiries at 106.50 today.
- EURUSD continued to operate around 1.2300 with a report suggesting that the
ECB's calculations on the path of MonPol assume asset purchases totalling EUR
30bln in Q4. Notable EURUSD option exp. for EURUSD on Friday include $1.2200
(1.79bn), $1.2300(1.63bn), 1.2350(1.9bn).
- GBP was pressured by a story noting that UK off'ls are said to see no Brexit
deal until next year, although it trades off of worst levels vs. USD & EUR.
- AUD & NZD operated in a limited range.
- USDCAD printed < 1.2900 at one point on confirmation that Canada will receive
an indefinite exemption from Trump's tariffs (contingent on NAFTA progress),
USDCAD last trades at ~1.2905.