Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
FOREX: JPY outperformed in Asia-Pacific trade as sources highlighted hedging
flows out of Tokyo as the reason behind the move for a second time this week.
EUR/JPY tested key support at Y131.00 but the level held. USD/JPY last Y114.40.
- This comes after a strong Weds for the USD, on the back of stronger than exp.
U.S. econ data & late hawkish rhetoric from Fed Chair Powell, as he noted that
"very accommodative policy is no longer appropriate in the current environment,
which calls for interest rates to very gradually move toward neutral. We may go
past neutral, but we're a long way from neutral at this point."
- NZD/USD & AUD/USD have remained under pressure overnight, with NZD/USD
registering a fresh YTD low in the process last dealing sub $0.6500. AUD/USD
trades below $0.7100 and threatens the YTD low ($0.7085) at writing, with a
wider than expected AU trade surplus doing little for the AUD's cause.
- France maintained its hard-line Brexit rhetoric, while a BBG sources piece
stated that "UK PM May's off'ls plan to rush the Brexit deal through parliament
to head off rebellions from her own party." GBP was unmoved on the headlines.
- Focus Thurs turns to addresses from ECB's Coeure, Nowotny & Hansson.