Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Headline IPCA inflation is expected to reach 8.51% for the mid-month reading in July. This will be the final reading for the Brazil Central Bank before the August Copom meeting. In the June statement emphasis was placed on the consideration of a more aggressive tightening of up to 100bps in August and therefore markets may place some added weight on today's print.
- Markets may have a small bias towards a lower print following the increase in a key measure of inflation that includes wholesale prices slowing to 0.6% in June from a month earlier, less than the 1% anticipated by analysts and down from a jump of 4.1% in May.
- The short end of the interest-rate swap curve now shows traders are pricing in an 88 basis-point move in the bank's key rate, down from 109 basis points last month. According to Bloomberg, digital options are now pricing in 59% odds that Brazil's bank will stick with another 75bp move.
- 1300BST/0800ET – Brazil July IPCA-15 Inflation (Est. 0.65% m/m vs. 0.83% Prior)
- 1300BST/0800ET – Brazil July IPCA-15 Inflation (Est. 8.51% y/y vs. 8.13% Prior)