Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
NZD/USD crept higher Thursday, with bouts of greenback-driven volatility seen in reaction to a beat in U.S. CPI and a post-MonPol press conference with ECB Pres Lagarde. The rate clawed back the prior day's losses, but it is still down on the week as we type.
- The gov't has released a consultation document outlining eligibility criteria for the new interest deductibility rules and extension of the bright-line test, interest.co.nz reported.
- Aotearoa extended the suspension of quarantine-free travel corridor with Australia's Victoria by another week. The decision is up for review on Jun 26.
- New Zealand's BusinessNZ M'fing PMI will be released at the bottom of the hour.
- Next week, focus in NZ turns to PSI (Monday), food price index (Tuesday), BoP current account balance (Wednesday) and GDP (Thursday).
- NZD/USD last trades -8 pips at $0.7194, with bears looking for a fall through Jun 3 low of $0.7126, towards May 4 low of $0.7116. Bulls need a clearance of Jun 7 high of $0.7243, before targeting Jun 1 high of $0.7288.