- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Lagarde: Data Show Strength In Services Activity And Prices
ECB President Lagarde begins the post-meeting press conference by reading the Monetary Policy Decisions statement released earlier.
- On the economic landscape, Lagarde says: Private domestic demand, especially consumption is likely to have remained weak. Bus/cons confidence remain weaker than pre-Ukraine war.
- Manuf sector working through a backlog of orders but prospects worsening. Services sector growing more strongly as economy reopens.
- Ave hours worked somewhat below pre-pandemic levels and recovery has stalled.
- Re inflation: 7.0% Y/Y in April - base effects led to some increase in energy inflation. Services pushed up by reopening of economy and wage pressures.
- Wage pressures strengthened further as consumers recoup some of their lost real income. Most inflation exp around 2% but some have edged up.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.