Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- RES 4: 1.3804 High Apr 30, 2018
- RES 3: 1.3773 High May 1, 2018
- RES 2: 1.3750 0.764 proj of May 18 - Sep 1 rally from Sep 23 low
- RES 1: 1.3746 High Jan 21
- PRICE: 1.3732 @ 17:03 GMT Jan 26
- SUP 1: 1.3611 20-day EMA
- SUP 2: 1.3520 Low Jan 18 and key near-term support
- SUP 3: 1.3505 Low Jan 12
- SUP 4: 1.3480/52 50-day EMA / Low Jan 11
GBPUSD staged a decent rally into the London close, reinforcing the underlying uptrend. Last week the pair traded to a high of 1.3746, maintaining the bullish price sequence of higher highs and higher lows. Attention is on 1.3773 next, the May 1 2018 high. Near-term firm support has been defined at 1.3520, Jan 18 low. A breach would signal scope for a deeper short-term sell-off and expose a key support at 1.3452, Jan 11 low. Initial support is at 1.3611, the 20-day EMA.