Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Spot USD/MYR re-opened lower, catching up with greenback losses seen after onshore markets closed on Monday. The rate last sits at MYR4.1405, 52 pips lower on the day.
- A break below the 50-DMA at MYR4.1251 would encourage bears to target the 200-DMA, which intersects at MYR4.1101. Conversely, a clearance of yesterday's high of MYR4.1497 would turn focus to Mar 31 cycle high of MYR4.1590.
- Local news flow has been dominated by reports surrounding a collision between two LRTs in Kuala Lumpur, which left over 200 passengers injured. PM Muhyiddin has ordered a probe into the incident.
- Malaysia extended quarantine period for Malaysians entering the country from Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal and Pakistan to 21 days from 14 days.
- Looking ahead, Malaysian trade balance comes out on Friday.