Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
G10 FX pairs were rangebound as the absence of market-moving headlines in Asia-Pac hours allowed participants to stay on the sidelines, contemplate familiar themes and await fresh catalysts. The DXY moved away from Wednesday's high.
- GBP led gains in the G10 basket, while NOK was the main laggard, amid a broader correction of yesterday's moves, which allowed JPY to claim back Wednesday's losses.
- The PBOC fixed its USD/CNY mid-point at CNY6.5463, 3 pips below sell side estimates. USD/CNH crept higher through the session.
- Today's data highlights include U.S. initial jobless claims, German factory orders & Norwegian industrial output. Central bank speaker slate features Fed's Powell, Bullard & Kashkari as well as Riksbank's Ingves. The ECB will publish the account of its latest MonPol meeting.