Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Resource Minister Mantashe urges mining union NUM to discuss ways to save coal from extinction at the first day of a NUM conference in East London.
- Mantashe said moving off coal at this moment was inadvisable and risks destroying the economy of Mpumalanga and other coal mining regions.
- He stressed that this transition would be too complex for a smaller economy like SA to manage. This come ahead of the COP26 forum where a just transition solution is expected to be discussed for Eskom
- ANC Secretary General Jesse Duarte says the ANC is confident it will achieve victory in the Free State, despite major service delivery challenges.
- Duarte assured voters that ineffective councillors would be removed from their posts should they fail to perform their duties.
- Deputy President Mabuza, however, highlighted concerns that ill-timed load-shedding would weigh on support for the ANC - SABC
- Professor warns that the introduction of a basic income grant will reduce poverty and hunger, but won't lead to economic growth (a view shared by FinMin Godongwana).
- Notes that in the medium-term, the only reliable revenue source for the grant would be personal income tax or VAT - or a combination of both