Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Markets are largely consolidating early Friday, with equities reversing a small portion of the solid gains posted over the past few days, working in favour of haven currencies and against high beta growth FX. As a result, the USD trades firmer alongside the JPY, while the AUD and NZD are the poorest performers on the day.
- German IFO data for September came in mixed, with expectations beating forecast while the current assessment and business climate components came in just below. EUR/USD was little changed and holds close to the week's best levels but still below key resistance at the 1.1786 50-dma.
- The data calendar thins out headed into the weekend, with just August New Home Sales left on the docket.
- There are a number of ECB and Fed speakers on the docket, with ECB's Elderson, Lane, Fed's Powell, Clarida Mester, Bowman, Bostic and George on the schedule.