Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Recent volatility and weakness in Chinese equity markets has prompted distinct weakness across the CNH and CNY, with USD/CNH rallying to touch 6.5287, the highest rate since mid-April.
- Markets are clearly conscious of the risks of further CNY weakness, with options data showing markets buying hedging products to protect against further USD/CNY strength.
- Notional wagered against USD/CNY calls this week has countered that of puts at a ratio of 3:2, with 6.53, 6.55 and - most notably 6.60 call strikes seeing significant interest from the open on Monday.
- Some of the largest structures crossing this week targeted end-September and end-October expiries, capturing near-term event risk and buoying front-end CNY vols, which recovered back above 4.00 points this week.