Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
The mid-term elections held on 6 June look set to deliver a mixed bag of results for President Andras Manuel Lopez Obrador and his leftist National Regeneration Movement (MORENA). Full results are not due for several days but preliminary results are filtering through.
- MORENA and its allies, the Labor Party and the Ecologist Greens, look set to retain a majority in the Chamber of Deputies, but will fall short of the two-thirds supermajority required to make sweeping reforms or constitutional changes.
- The National Electoral Institute (INE) in its preliminary results publication gave the following ranges of seats for each party (out of 500):
- MORENA: 190-203 (from 253), Labor Party: 35-41 (from 47), Ecologist Greens (PVEM): 40-48 (from 11) - total for Juntos Hacemos Historia alliance: 265-292.
- National Action Party (PAN): 106-117 (from 79), Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI): 63-75 (from 49), Party of the Democratic Revolution (PRD): 12-21 (from 11) - total for Va por México alliance: 181-213
- Citizens Movement (MC): 20-27 (from 25), Solidary Encounter Party (PES): 0-12 (from 21).
- Mexico city mayorships: Preliminary results, PRD-PRI-PAN (Centre-left to Centre-right): 9 (+6), PT-Morena (Left to Centre-left): 6 (-6), PAN (Centre-right): 1 (-), Too close to call: 1. (+/- vs. Last result)
- Governorship elections : Preliminary results, JHH (Left to Centre-Right): 7 (+6), Morena (Centre-Left): 2 (+2), VxM (Centre-Left to Centre-Right): 1 (-2), MC (Centre-Left) 1 (+1), PAN (Centre-Right) 1PT-PVEM (Left & Centre-Right): 1 (+1),Too close: 2. (+/- vs. Last result)