Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- US equity markets traded mixed into the Monday close, with the S&P 500 and Dow Jones cash indices holding minor losses at the closing bell. This contrasted slightly with modest strength in the tech-led NASDAQ comp, which held around 0.2% above water.
- The US healthcare sector outperformed, with real estate not far behind. These gains were countered in broad weakness for materials names, which fell alongside industrials.
- Biogen was a solid outperformer following the approval of an Alzheimer's disease antibody therapy, prompting a near 60% rally in the stock. Re-opening names also fared well, with Penn National Gaming and Norwegian Cruiselines among the strongest names in the S&P 500.
- The VIX suffered, remaining under pressure and close to multi-month and post-pandemic lows.