Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Fig. 1: BTP Spreads Narrow Amid Risk-On Atmosphere
EGBs have have stayed within the morning session ranges, and better offered, with all the action seen in Equities today.
- Equity screens are flashing green, as investors positions ahead of the US election.
- German curve has traded flat, leaning bear flatter on the margin, with 5/30s hovering near the low of the session.
- Peripheral have outperformed core bond and trade tighter on the day, with Greece leading at 4.8bps.
- All eyes turns to the US election, with Polling results throughout the night.
- Dec Bund futures (RX) down 17 ticks at 176.07 (L: 175.82 / H: 176.37)
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is up 1bps at -0.795%, 5-Yr is up 1.4bps at -0.811%, 10-Yr is up 1.8bps at -0.622%, and 30-Yr is up 1bps at -0.22%.
- Dec BTP futures (IK) up 29 ticks at 149.79 (L: 149.29 / H: 150)Italy / German 10-Yr spread 3.7bps tighter at 135.1bps
- Dec OAT futures (OA) down 1 ticks at 170.14 (L: 169.82 / H: 170.25)10-Yr Periphery EGB Spreads:
- Spanish bond spread down 2.4bps at 73.7bps
- Portuguese PGB spread down 2.8bps at 70.6bps
- Greek bond spread down 4.7bps at 152bps
Gilts have traded weaker and the curve has bear steepened as markets adopt a risk-on posture ahead of the US election.
- Gilt cash yields are 3-4bp lower with the curve 1bp steeper. Last yields: 2-year -0.054%, 5-year -0.0486%, 10-year 0.2556%, 30-year 0.8188%.
- The Dec-20 gilt future has traded down towards the lower end of the day's range (L: 135.65 / H: 136.09) and last printed 135.69.
- The DMO earlier sold GBP2.75bn of the 0.125% Jan-28 Gilt and GBP2.0bn of the 1.25% Oct-41 Gilt. A further GBP655.625mn and GBP499.999mln of each respective issue was taken up through the PAOF.
- The BoE purchased GBP1.473bn of long-dated gilts with offer-to-cover of 2.12x.
- While the US election takes centre stage this week, the BoE meeting is also a focus, particularly given the ECB's pre-commitment to providing additional stimulus in December.
- The data slate is light this week with the only releases of note being the final October PMI prints (Services/Composite on Wednesday, Construction on Thursday).
- RXZ0 174.50/173.50ps 1x1.5, bought for 18.5 in 1.5k (ref 176.11)
- RXZ0 174.50p, bought for 20 in 2k
- 0LX0 99.875/100.00/100.125c fly sold at 7 in 3k.
- BTP/Bund tightener via futures: IK 2,742 at 149.56 v RX 2,031 at 176.08