Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
The MNI Markets team expects gross issuance to be around E94bln in October 2021, down almost 25% from the E123bln raised in September around E8bln lower than October 2020.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The MNI Markets team expects gross issuance to be around E94bln in October 2021, down almost 25% from the E123bln raised in September around E8bln lower than October 2020.
- We expect redemptions to almost level out gross issuance, but see a further E21bln of coupon payments, leading to negative net issuance of E21bln. This is less negative than the E29bln of October 2020 but more negative than the E5bln of September 2021.
- In terms of syndications, the EU is expected to launch its inaugural green bond in the W/C 11 October. Slovakia has already held a 30-year SlovGB transaction while the ESM held a 3-year transaction. Finland or Belgium may hold EMTN transactions while Greece or Luxembourg could also possibly come to the market.
- See page 2 for a comparison of issuance with last year for both September and the Jan-Sep period.
- See pages 3-12 for country-by-country overviews of issuance so far this year, plans for the rest of the fiscal year and MNI's expectations of October issuance for each country.
- See pages 13-14 for overviews of the 2021 calendar year in comparison to 2020.
- See page 15-26 for bond and T-bill auction calendars for 2021.
- See page 27-29 for a schedule of coupons and redemptions by country for 2021.