Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
FED: MNI has just published an interview with former Atlanta Fed President
Dennis Lockhart which adds a bit of colour on what Powell and co. may discuss at
this week's FOMC meeting, with emphasis on the neutral policy rate.
* FOMC could send new signals about the policy path ahead, including moving
towards better defining the neutral rate of interest and how to proceed once
this level is reached. Fed Chairman Jerome Powell will likely direct the
committee to hammer out a framework and working assumptions on which they'll
premise policy after arrival at neutral, Lockhart told MNI.
* Picking an internal working estimate may be necessary because "they will have
to decide -- not at this meeting but in future meetings -- whether they're going
to pause or go forward once they reach neutral with further rate increases."
* For full article see email/Main Wire or contact us.