Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI Research
- About Us
MNI: Little in the way of overt positive news flow over the weekend has markets
trading defensively early on this week, with focus on a raft of negative
developments over the last 48 hours.
- Whether it be the continued spread of Coronavirus in South Korea, an outbreak
of the virus in Italy or the continued uncertainty re: business
restarting/containment in China, news flow on that front continues to be gloomy.
Elsewhere, there are suggestions that the virus' incubation period could be much
longer than the previously assumed 14 days, after a man in Hubei Province was
infected with coronavirus but failed to show symptoms until 27 days later, per
- Elsewhere, Brexit sabre rattling continues, with broader Huawei-related trade
angst bubbling in the background.
- Chinese policymakers continue to try and soothe broader worry, but there is
only so much speculation re: further stimulus can do re: market sentiment.
- Over in the U.S., another commanding victory for Bernie Sanders in the
Democratic Party's Nevada caucuses can't really be deemed market friendly.