May 13, 2022 12:27 GMT
- The House has reacted to the January 6 select committee subpoena of House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy. Rep Mike Johnson (R-LA): ‘I think it’s a dangerous precedent. You’re going to turn members on each other like that. And then what does it mean for the future? We’re going to be in the majority. It’s like the Cold War…’
- A fast-tracked Senate vote on the ~USD$40 billion Ukraine package was blocked by Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) over demands for a special federal watchdog to oversee how the funds are spent.
- US military leaders now project a lapse in US weapons shipments to Ukraine next week as the funds available via presidential drawdown authority expire.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken will travel to Europe to meet with the foreign ministers of NATO over the weekend. The trip comes as Finland and Sweden edge closer to joining the alliance. Pro-NATO former Finnish Prime Minister Alexander Stubb said: ‘It’s a colossal loss for Putin — colossal.’
- Russia will now have an additional 1,300 kilometers of border with NATO and a highly sophisticated military aligned against them directly north of Saint Petersburg.
- More: https://marketnews.com/mni-political-risk-analysis-us-daily-brief-13-05-22