October 10, 2023 01:33 GMT
Monday's Gains Extended In Asia
NZD/USD prints at $0.6040/45, the pair is ~0.3% firmer today.
- Gains seen in yesterday's NY session have extended in Asia. The move higher in the NZD comes alongside lower US Tsy Yields and firmer regional equities and US equity futures.
- NZD/USD sits a touch below resistance at $0.6049, the high from Sep 29, a break through here opens the 200-Day EMA ($0.6117).
- AUD/NZD is little changed, the pair sits in a narrow range with little follow through on moves.
- Cross asset wise; 10 Year US Tsy Yields are ~16bps lower. E-minis are up ~0.2% and the Hang Seng has opened ~1% higher. BBDXY is ~0.1% lower.
- A thin docket in Asia leaves wider swings in risk sentiment as the main driver in NZD today.