Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Covid daily new cases continue to drop with the 7D SMA falling from 9,000 to 5,700 in the 7 days; therefore, PM Mateusz Morawiecki announced the gradual reopening of Poland economy last Wednesday.
- Poland's lower house passed a bill enabling ratification of EU recovery fund with 290 MPs voting in favor (BBG), with 33 MPs against and 133 abstentions. The country will receive 23bn EUR of subsidies and 34bn EUR of loans, which is equivalent of nearly two third of Poland's annual budget.
- Today, the NBP is expected to keep its policy rate unchanged and will continue to guide for policy rates on hold at least until the middle of 2022, with 1 to 2 hikes expected to happen in H2 2022 based on sell-side estimates. Policymakers aim to keep financial conditions as loose as possible in order to stimulate the economy after a difficult first quarter.
- Yesterday, economic data April manufacturing PMI fell back to 53.7 (vs. 55.3 exp.) after reaching a multi-year high of 54.30 in March.