May 02, 2023 00:25 GMT
Muted Start In G-10 FX
There has been a muted start across G-10 FX on Tuesday, ranges have been narrow with little follow through on moves.
- Yen is a touch firmer, USD/JPY is down ~0.1%. The pair has maringally pared some of yesterdays gains as US Treasury Yields soften in early dealing. Bulls eye high from March 8 at ¥137.91.
- Kiwi is also a touch firmer, NZD/USD is up ~0.1% last printing at $0.6165/70 however a 10 pip range has been observed thus far.
- AUD/USD prints at $0.6620/25, the AUD has pared some of yesterdays outperformance. AUD/NZD is ~0.1% lower.
- Cross asset wise; US Equity futures are softer, e-minis are down ~0.2%. 10 Year US Treasury Yields are ~1bp lower.
- The latest monetary policy decision from the RBA provides the highlight in Asia-Pac today, the bank is expected to hold the cash rate at 3.60%. Further out we have German Retail Sales, JOLTS Job opening, Factory and Durable Goods Orders.