Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
DOLLAR-CANADA: NAFTA issues remain front and centre for CAD traders with most
highlighting a low chance of a U.S.-Canada trade deal before the weekend.
Relations between U.S. President Trump & Canadian PM Trudeau appeared frosty on
the sidelines of the latest UN gathering.
- Elsewhere U.S. TR Lighthizer stressed that a number of significant issues
remain in the U.S.-Canada trade talks, and that the steel & aluminium tariff
matters will be dealt with separately from NAFTA discussions.
- USD/CAD last deals at C$1.2950, aided by a run higher in commodity linked FX
on the back of stronger than exp. NZ business confidence data. Bulls look for a
break back above the 50-DMA (C$1.3049). Bears need a break back below C$1.2900.
- Highlights of the Canadian docket during the week include an address from BoC
Gov. Poloz (Thursday) & Jul GDP data (Friday).