Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Despite spot trading inside a relatively tight 19.90-20.25 range over the past few days, options markets have been on the busier side, with USD/MXN upside better bought judging by the put/call ratio.
- Interest has been building in 20.40 call strikes across the week (a level not crossed since mid-June), sentiment that's reflected in the uptick of the front-end of the risk reversals curve since Monday. Elsewhere, volatility hedges have been more prevalent, with strikes between 20.00 - 20.45 popular for straddles.
- Notable options interest over the coming few weeks include mixed options interest at 19.70 as well as a sizeable call expiry at 22.70 on Jul26, which could keep spot contained headed into the close of the week.
- One-month implied vols continue to hold north of the recent lows, with the contract now capturing the August 12th Banxico rate decision as well the CPI data three days prior.