May 05, 2022 14:12 GMT
- The 'dovish' NBP hike today (75bps vs. 100bps expected) has led to some PLN weakness, with EURPLN approaching its ST resistance at 4.6980 (50DMA).
- A break above that level would open the door for a move up to 4.7280.
- Market was expected a hawk response today following the strong 'positive' surprise in inflation in April.
- As a reminder, inflation accelerated to 12.3% in April (vs. 11.4% exp.), up from 11% the previous month.
- The NBP will release its statement at 4.30pm CET.
- Glapinski will hold a press conference tomorrow at 3pm CET.